20 August 2008

it's not a party until someone ruins the carpet.

No matter how hard I try, some crazy thing happens and wax spills all over the place. Always. Every time. But there were no casualties, just a little ego bruising of my carpet. But with that said, I have some pictures to share:

3 of 4 drawers are waxed.

Drawer 1:

Drawer 2:

Drawer 3:

I honestly couldn't be more excited about this. (Well, maybe if I had enough wax to finish the fourth drawer. Which may or may not be the case, but I'll figure that out later.) I think I'm going to nix the plexi idea. The encasement is intriguing, as is the "do not touch" aspect, but I want this to feel more approachable, more engaging. I guess, I just want people to feel as though they should touch the things that will be on it. (Although I just looked over at it, and, I might not be opposed to just leaving it as-is. A box with wax filled drawers. For some reason this is appealing.)

And on one more note, here is a gallery of pictures I took of the wax's texture. The snow-flaking is just an interesting thing to me. Reminds me of something I read a long time ago about how some guy was able to prove that the coast line of Great Britain was infinite.

No comments: